Monday, August 2, 2010

My Favourite Place





I love Palmyra NY. I never get tired of going there every summer. I feel so blessed to live only 4 hours away from the very place the gospel was restored. This July was the first time we brought both kids to the Hill Cumorah Pageant and it was so awesome. It was a quick trip (we did the whole thing in less than 12 hours) but so, so, so worth it. We had friends who were sealed to their son in January and I remember even though he was a baby, the sealer spoke about how even children can feel the spirit. He was so sweet and calm (not the norm for this almost 2 year old) for the ceremony. I thought of that as my kids watched the pageant. Sure there were noisy moments, but for the most part they sat in awe. I know the fire and water displays as well as the colourful sets and costumes had a lot to do with it, but I know they were feeling the spirit and they are more capable of having those sweet moments than we think. Such a great time. Fast and furious, but it just doesn't seem like summer if you don't go to pageant. Can't wait to continue this tradition for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment