While we stayed at our friend's cabin last month, Darryl's extended family was camping near by. My mother-in-law and her brothers and parents and all of their children camp together every July at her brother Tom's cottage. They have been doing this for years. I was glad our days at the Fullers coincided with Family Camp this year. I love Darryl's family, but I am NOT a camper. At all. Especially with babies. So this is a tradition we usually skip. But this worked well for us because we were able to have a bed, a shower, and a bedroom for each of our kids, but we could go pop in and visit everyone if we wanted to. Chloé enjoyed it so much, which was bittersweet, because I realized I may have to do this "camping" business one day.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Family Camp
While we stayed at our friend's cabin last month, Darryl's extended family was camping near by. My mother-in-law and her brothers and parents and all of their children camp together every July at her brother Tom's cottage. They have been doing this for years. I was glad our days at the Fullers coincided with Family Camp this year. I love Darryl's family, but I am NOT a camper. At all. Especially with babies. So this is a tradition we usually skip. But this worked well for us because we were able to have a bed, a shower, and a bedroom for each of our kids, but we could go pop in and visit everyone if we wanted to. Chloé enjoyed it so much, which was bittersweet, because I realized I may have to do this "camping" business one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment