What an AWESOME summer it has been so far.....I feel like I want to soak in every second of it. My almost two year maternity leave will come to an end in September and I will be back work part time. Only for about 15 hours a week, just at the school down the street, but I will miss my babies terribly, but their Daddy will be home with them, who they adore, and I am excited for their relationship to grow. It will also be good for me to get enough work hours in before we start thinking about a possible baby number three so I can have another year paid maternity leave. Plus I would like to keep my job at this school since it's where my kids will go. Anyways, let's not talk about the lame having to work stuff...this is a fun summer post! We are going through World Cup withdrawal here at the Regimbal household (literally, it's pretty bad)so now I have some time to blog.
We enjoyed an awesome Canada Day just the four of us before Darryl and I headed to the Nottawasaga for the weekend. Chloé loves a party, so I really love to decorate the house for her any excuse I can think of. Carter had fun too, and the Nottawasaga River was so beautiful. It was so hot, plus Germany beat Argentina, so the weekend really was perfect.
Chloé and Carter LOVE the water, so we thought we would try the beach, and boy did they love it. Wasaga was beautiful, sunny with a nice breeze, and the kids had a blast. We went with my friend Rebecca and her family. I have known them for years and it was really spending the day with them. Poor Darryl had to work, but since he broke his tailbone last month, he has been in a lot of pain and wouldn`t have be able to sit on the beach anyway. My brother and his girlfriend came along too. We all got a little too much sun, but my brother got a little fried.
This is when he had began to heal and is MUCH better, believe it or not. Poor guy. Chloé walked around saying "Dyldan hurt....owwww" for a few days after this. She also woke up every morning saying "Beach! Beach! Let's go" SHe loved it. Grandpa takes the grandkids to the car show every Wednesday night in the summer...
Of course she loved the pink one, even though she calls "pink" blue!
Our big two year old girl got her first trike and a cute pink CTR ring for her sweet chubby finger. My BFF runs a Yogi Bear Jellystone Campground in Bradford and she invited us to come for a stay and play. Darryl and I are not huge fans of camping, but they had this awesome little mini cabins that were perfect. The kids loved the hayride, campfire, pool, all of it. And to be honest, Darryl and I really did too. My kids are spoiled rotten by their Auntie Melissa every time they see her, and this was no exception. She a little mini birthday party for Chloé when we arrived, and then when we went to unpack in our cabin, we discovered she has decorated the whole thing for us! My kids are Sesame Street crazy, so she had that as the theme, with balloons, plates, cups, homemade Elmo cookies, kites, toys, you name it. This was such a fun time I will always remember, and I can't wait to continue this awesome new tradition!
Chloé's fave spot these days is in Gran's garden
One Sunday on the way home from church, our girl was so quiet on the car ride home we thought she was sleeping, when really she was in my make-up bag...
Darryl and I had a hot date at the temple and out with friends after wards, we went to a pirate birthday party for Nolen, got pedicures with the girls, fun mornings at the splash pad, playdates, soccer games, sleepover with Auntie Charlotte, and fun times in Nana's backyard with cousins. I could post a hundred pictures more of our July adventures thus far, but babies are calling....please Summer of 2010 last forever! And let's just end with a pic of the 2 most handsome boys I know getting ready for church....
great pictures Heather! The kids are getting so big! Can we get together this summer or what?!
ReplyDelete