Last Easter I was in my first trimester of my pregnancy with Carter and I was feeling nauseous and tired, working 2 jobs, busy with Chloé, and I had a terribly burned inner forearm from a Swiss Chalet chicken sauce accident at work. SO even though I was in the ER this Good Friday with a terrible stomach flu bug (that worked it's way through the entire extended family) it was still an improvement from last year! Luckily the super bug left me as fast as it came and we had a lovely weekend.
Even though Darryl had been sick, he was feeling well enough on Friday to take Chloé
to Easter dinner at his parents house and she really enjoyed playing with cousins and hunting for eggs. I rested at home with Carter and felt much better by the evening and had a lot of fun playing Easter Bunny and prepping for Conference the next morning. I decided this year I really wanted to do most of the traditional Easter stuff on the Saturday and keep Sunday more of a sacred, spiritual day.
So we had our little family Easter party Saturday morning, which was so fun. Chloé's reaction when I decorate for holidays is priceless. We bring her down in the morning and she just keeps saying wow wow wow over and over. It's precious. We did a little craft and had the kids go through their baskets. Then we made little rice krispie nests and got ready to watch Conference. We try and make conference really special in our house and I always try to make lots of our fave meals and treats for us and the kids and we snuggle down in the basement and enjoy the sessions on the big screen with the internet hooked up to the TV while the kids play and nap. This time we weren't eating anything other than toast and Gingerale though :) We get so much more out of these weekends then regular Sundays unfortunately due to craziness of keeping the kids in check for 3 hours, so this time is really a spiritual recharge for Darryl and I, and the kids really co-operated. I love conference and I don't know why I don't block off time like that in my life to spiritually recharge more often. My in-laws stopped by to join us for a session and we enjoyed dinner and a visit.
Sunday we celebrated Easter in Bradford with my entire family, all the grandparents, aunts and uncles too and we really enjoyed a lot of the day on the deck in the sunshine while Chloé entertained us. I love Easter. I love it because it is the reminder of a Savior who knew his role in His Heavenly Father's plan. And that is something I will be forever grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment