Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Patience


Today was one of those many days where I needed more patience. Having a little one that doesn't seem to want to sleep much means less sleep around here these days, which makes for a lack of patience on my part. But now as I sit here at the end of the day and reflect on how to handle things better tomorrow, and how to appreciate my children for the amazing gift that they are, I was reminded of lyrics to a song that I came across on a friend's blog. Words I am going to keep in mind tomorrow when my patience has ran out (probably around the usual times 12:00pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm, anyone else seem to run out of steam at the same times every day?) which is bound to happen since it is already after 1:00am......

I count it as a privilege
I count it cause for praise
to kiss my children goodnight
at the close of everyday
for I know too soon they’re off and gone
and walkin’ out the door
and I’ll never have a child to kiss
goodnight anymore …


tell the story read a book
wipe a nose or tie a shoe
they never ask me to rub their back
the way they used to do
once it was a bother
just a troublesome kind of chore
now I would give anything
to do it just once more

mommy bounce me on your knee
daddy flip me in the air
throw a rubber ball to me
and help me comb my hair
mommy tickle my tummy
daddy hold me high
let’s go outside for awhile
or make a kite to fly …

I count it as a privilege
I count it cause for praise
to kiss my children goodnight
at the close of everyday
for I know too soon they’re off and gone
and walkin’ out the door
and I’ll never have a child to kiss
goodnight anymore

2 comments:

  1. I love these lyrics? Who sings the song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and Annie Chapman. I don't know the name of the song though, I've never heard it. Let me know if you find it!

    ReplyDelete