Monday, January 11, 2010

Super Wicked Awesome Fun Weekend







So many good things to write about, I don't even know where to begin! Friday night, dropped Chloé at my parents so Darryl and I could go to Niagara Falls. We had so much fun, the best time we've had in ages, so relaxing. We went to the Keg for supper and shopped in the states all day the next day. It was just one of those times when everything goes right. Everyone from our waitress to the border patrol was so friendly and nice, all the clothes we tried on at Target fit,(so rare that happens) found awesome $10 winter coats for the kids again this year and the best part was Carter slept the entire day almost, and when he was awake he was so darling. It's nice to spend one on one time with your kids sometimes. It was great. Then we had to get back for Ryan and Elaina's sealing on Saturday night. It was wonderful, and their little boy Nate was so adorable in his white leisure suit! After wards we went out to celebrate, and another couple we are friends with announced they are expecting their first baby in July. Then on Sunday I got the surprise of a lifetime from Darryl when he told me he had arranged for my BFF Kara(who was my roommate in college when we lived in Edmonton) to come for a visit that afternoon and spend sometime with me this week for my birthday! We had a great couple of days together. While he watched kids we had so much fun visiting, going for sushi, doing all the things we used to do. She is one of my favourite people, and even though it's been four years since I went out to visit her, it's like we were roommates yesterday. I love my life now, but that time I spent in Alberta living with her is up there with the funnest(is that a word?)time ever, and I had a little taste of that again this weekend. Plus my little man rolled over for the first time. Also had a little birthday party at my parents on Sunday when we went to pick up Chloé and Oliver.(Oliver is my other baby, my miniature schnauzer)Sad all good things must come to an end.

1 comment:

  1. Heather you look great!
    Mike and I are going to Niagra Falls tomorrow for my birthday and I am so excited!

    Hope you are all well. I miss you! (your kids are the cutest!) come for a visit at work sometime!!! (just not tomorrow afternoon!I won't be there!)

    ps. do you follow my blog? Have you seen my new bedroom and kitty!? check it out!!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete