
I love my family and my life, don't get me wrong, but I was really feeling like I was losing it these past few weeks, seriously going crazy, and I am just now starting to feel like myself again. I know it was a little bit of the baby blues and the adjustment of having 2 kids, but as I was putting up the new calendar for 2010 and taking down the old one, I took a second to glance at it, and realized maybe why I was going crazy. Here's what has happened in only the last 8 weeks...
Had a baby!!!!
Kids got shots
4 birthday parties
Put the house up for sale
Had 10 showings
Sold house to brother-in-law
Designing a new house to build in May, lots of mini meetings with my architect husband in the wee hours of the morning
Helped brother-in-law propose to fiance at our house
Brother home from mission (going to airport,homecoming etc.)
6 Christmas parties
Christmas baking at Grandmas
Christmas baking at mother-in-law's
5 Christmases in less than 24 hours (never again)
45 people for dinner for Carter's blessing
Darryl's promotion, more hours at work, hard for him with teaching seminary every morning, hard for me because I miss him and I need help .
Along with all the regular stuff, hours of driving, getting the Christmas stuff up, learning a new piece on the flute for Christmas, cooking, cleaning, nursing every hour and a half, diapers, visiting teaching, teaching Gospel Doctrine, (released from that to teach Relief Socitey) family dinners, appointments for me, kids, dog, etc. like doctor's, haircut, family picture, groomers, the list goes on.
It was a crazy 2 months, and all of those thing aren't the norm, but in 2010 I am going to be a little less ambitious and spend more time relaxing at home enjoying my kids...if those 2 things are even possible at the same time!
Wow! You are superwoman! I'm tired just reading that. Here's to a more "relaxing" 2010 (ya right with 2 little ones eh?)lol.
ReplyDeleteHey - I was thinking we should get together next week sometime - my parents can watch my boys and we can just hang out at your place, if you want.
ReplyDeleteYeah...that sounds an awful lot like our regular life down here, and I've even started saying NO to things and people! hahaha
ReplyDeleteHang in there! My house will probably always be a disaster, but I'm still standing...most of the time... ;)
Definitely super woman. You are great.
ReplyDeleteyes, relax!!
ReplyDeleteand enjoy!