
As I watch in horror the after effects of the earth quake in Haiti, I am disgusted by the remarks of Revered Pat Robertson about the people of Haiti.
"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal." Robertson said that "ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other"
And so the Devil said? What? It's seems Pat has direct correspondence with the Devil himself. Interesting.
As a Christian, it sickens me that this man seems to believe he is representing the Christan community when he makes comments during situations like these (ie. his comments on 911) and continues to capitalize on people's misfortune. The God I believe in doesn't work that way. Don't get me wrong, I do believe there is a plan, and Christ will come again and bad things are going to happen, but to insinuate the poor people of Haiti are suffering because of a deal made with the devil in the 1700's is ludicrous.
This blog thing is wonderful. I can release all of this and get on with my day.
Here is one more stupid Robertson quote before I go:
"The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." –Pat Robertson
hahaha Glad you're enjoying the blogging.
ReplyDeletePeople are stupid. I've discovered this is an absolutely inescapable fact of life. (shrug)