I have birthday letters to write. I am late. One for a certain boy who turned 4 this past weekend and one for the sweet 2 year old who is on my lap as we speak. But first, I must say a few words about this guy:
I seriously am loving this guy so much right now. I always love him, but lately I have been loving him more than usual. The feelings I have for him these days are reminiscent of those "newly dating, newly wed" feelings. Those feelings mixed with the deep love of almost 10 years of marriage are pretty spectacular.
I don't know what's triggered this new influx of love, but I like it.
Maybe it's because I work outside the home 15 hours a week and feel a little more like my old self, maybe it's because that also means I have to dress up and wear makeup everyday, maybe it's because our kids are all in a school and Claire has started going to Kinderclub with Nana once a week and they are a tad more independent, maybe it's because we are both working out regularly and feeling good.
Who knows. Who cares.
I love having that excited/anxious/anticipation when I know he is just about finished working and I get to see him. And it's different than the "oh my thank goodness you are hear so you can entertain these crazy kids so I can make dinner" anxiousness. I'm excited to see him, just to see him.
I have the same feeling in the kinda giddy feeling evenings around 11pm when he is almost done working for the 2nd time and I'm done cleaning/laundering/ YW and we can talk about the day, watch Breaking Bad and make out. (I also love Jessie Pinkman, did I mention that?)
So glad this guy is mine. I don't take him for granted for a second. I love him so much. There is nothing he wouldn't do for me. I honestly think he wakes up thinking how he can make my life easier, I wish I could say the same about myself. He is the most selfless man I know. As I type this, he has dropped everything to go help someone in need. He is kind. He works so hard for us. He made me laugh so hard the other night. I asked him if he had seen my day timer. He said he thought it was downstairs. He really had it behind his back because he had watched me frantically looking for it and had gone and got it for me. He then proceeded to pretend to "go downstairs" behind our couch like Ross on Friends because he knows that it makes me laugh. Guaranteed, every time.
If I could teach my children one thing, it would be to choose the "right" one. Who you marry is the most important decision you will ever make. Life will be hard, but marriage should not be. It shouldn't feel like work. Not to say it's always easy, but it should be the best part of your life. It should also be the strongest relationship in your life. Stronger than the bond you have with your parents or even your children. Put them first and you will be able to handle anything.
So please my children, choose the right one. Because I did, and it's pretty awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment