Claire is a little firecracker these days. She naps maybe twice a week, wont sit in a highchair anymore, and can have me completely exhausted by 2:30pm. But she is so hilarious. She copies everything Chlo and Carter do. If those two are laying on their tummies with their faces in their hands, she'll do it too. If they have cups with no lids, no way she'll have a lid on her cup. If they have a real spoon and they have a plastic one, she'll have a fit. She thinks she is a big girl. I keep telling her she's not, but it doesn't seem to be working. She still does her "face", says "hi" and "bye" all day long, eats anything and everything insight. She loves the to talk to my family on the phone, loves her babies and loves being outside. She loves to play the "pushing" game with her brother and sister, which sometimes gets rough. She is her Daddy's girl, constantly yelling "Yaddy! Yaddy Yaddy!"
Something she always does that cracks me up is yell at the dog. She can say Oliver pretty well, and if he steals her stuffed animal or a cracker off her plate, she'll really let him have it. Whenever we come home, Ollie has usually taken a roll of toilet paper out of the bathroom or stolen a beloved stuff animal from someone's bedroom while we been gone. So usually one of the first things I say when I walk in the door is "Oliver" in exasperation. Now Claire does the same thing every time we come home, even if poor Oliver hasn't done anything.
Carter is still his own man and I love him. He is absolutely hilarious, and the thing that makes him so funny is that he can keep a straight face while making us laugh hysterically. He loves basketball and at any moment he is ready to throw you a "chest pass" or a "bounce pass" The day we went to the Raptor game was definitely the best day of his life. He love movies, the IPhone and Daddy's "pudidter" (tablet) Some of his favourite lines to use these days are "is that so cool? is that so awesome? Just 5 more, k mom? Can you lay with me for two minutes? Have you seen my Chippies? (his Alvin and the Chipmunks figurines) Where's Meadore? (Theodore) He has so a sweet, gentle, complimentary side. He is always saying things like "you look beautiful mom" or "I really like how you are colouring your picture Chlo" He can be really kind and patient with Claire too, who loves to annoy him purposely sometimes too. That being said though, he also told his Nana to shut her mouth at church today, (thank you, Wreck it Ralph) so there is always room to improve.
Chloe, my dear sweet Chlo Chlo is going through such a lovely stage right now. She is loving school, piano, gymnastics and especially swimming. She warms my heart as I watch her be such a good big sister day in and day out. I know how tough it can be to be the oldest child. High expectations, always being asked to run and fetch, she handles it all so well, and rarely gives me a hard time.
Today after church we were eating lunch, and I realized I had left my scriptures at the church. Darryl went back to find them and had no luck. I called my in-laws to see if they grabbed them, called friends who had cleaned the chapel that afternoon, but couldn't find them. Darryl called a about 15 minutes later to say he had finally found them and was on his way home. Chloe came downstairs and asked if Daddy had found them. I told her he did and was on his way home. "Good" she said. "I went upstairs and said a prayer to Heavenly Father and asked Him to help Daddy find them. I kneeled too"
Love her. Love all of them.
Awe! What a sweet little prayer. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete