The other day I was in the "groove" of getting things done. I was being productive and didn't want to stop to go pick up at Chlo at Kinderclub. Carter and Claire were happy, and I knew Darryl was going out to pick up his passport, so I asked him to swing by Kinderclub before he came home for lunch. I went out to the garage for two seconds and Carter locked me out. I tried all the other doors. Locked. I was a little panicky. I knew Claire was lying in the middle of my bed. I just kept praying that Carter wouldn't try and pick her up like he sometimes does. I talked to him through the door a few times, and he didn't seem the least bit concerned. I tried to get him to unlock the door, but now such luck. I knew Darryl would be home in the next half hour and that he had a key, but every minute that passed felt like forever. Plus it was freezing. Let's just say I wasn't dressed for it. I chased and old man with a cell phone down and called Darryl and asked him to come as fast as he could. When we got in, the kids were fine, just as I had left them 20 minutes ago.
Never a dull moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment