I win the prize of best husband. Ever. Hands down. I don't know why I don't write about him more often because he really is my favourite thing. We have been friends for 15 years and husband and wife for 6, and it is the best. We started dating when I was in high school and he was in his first year of college after really hitting it off on a stake youth trip to Nauvoo. We broke up and he went on a mission to France. While he was there we wrote back and forth faithfully. When he came home from his mission, I had moved to Alberta and had a great job teaching pre-school that I really loved, but once I knew he was back in Ontario, I knew that was where I had to be, so I packed up and moved home right away. Three days later we were engaged, 5 months later we were married, and it was the best thing I ever did. Sometimes people talk a lot about how hard marriage can be at times and having to "work" at it, but I never feel that way(although I'm sure he does) just because he is so easy to get a long with. My sister-in-law always jokes how it's impossible for anyone not get along with him. He is just a really good person. I am so grateful for all that he is and does. I don't acknowledge or praise him enough, not because he doesn't deserve it, but just because he is so easy going and sweet I forget to. I love him for so many reasons, but one of them is that he would do anything to make me happy. From the littlest things, like cleaning the house every single time I go to the hairdresser's because he knows I like when my hair and my house are nice at the same time(I know, I'm a weirdo) to taking me to Alberta for my birthday to see my college friends. He knows me better than I know myself, he goes out of his way to be interested in things that interest me (this amazes me because I find this very hard to reciprocate, ie. trying to get into architecture, spicy food, lame, oops, I mean "different" movies, the list goes on...very hard for me, I am just too selfish) Luckily there are a million things we have in common that we really love to do together. Eat really good food, watch basketball and soccer, taking our kids on adventures, talking about the gospel and teaching each other, and trying to make our house a home. I really don't deserve him, but I am really, REALLY glad he is mine. Forever. I heard this song yesterday that made me think of him right away. I think it fits us perfect. Love ya Day.
Everything you do it sends me higher to the moon with every twinkle in your eye you strike a match that lights my heart on fire.
When your near I hide my blushing face and trip on my shoelaces.
Grace just isn't my forte, but it brings me to my knees when you say:
Hello, how are you? My darling today?
I fall into a pile on the floor.
Puppy love is hard to ignore when every little thing you do I do adore.
We're as different as can be. I've noticed your remarkably relaxed,
and I'm overly uptight. We balance out each other nicely.
You wear sandals in the snow. In mid July I still feel cold.
We're opposites in every way, but I can't resist when you say:
Hello, how are you? My darling today?
I fall into a pile on the floor.
Puppy love is hard to ignore when every little thing you do I do adore.
Finding words I mutter, tongue tied twisted, foot in mouth I start to stutter.
Heaven help me.
Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............
ReplyDelete