I am glad today is over. Let me say I love my life. But today, just for a few hours, I was tired of it.
I'm tired of changing peed crib sheets
I'm tired of having to pack 20 things in a bag before I can leave the house
I'm tired of nursing a sweet, beautiful, darling baby 20 times a day
I'm tired of endless laundry
I'm tired of tantrums
I'm tired of trying to come up with ideas for dinner
I'm tired of answering the phone
I'm tired of silly arguments about silly things
I'm tired of snow
I'm tired of picking up the same toys, books, crayons
I'm tired of watching Elmo on youtube
I'm tired of feeling tired
Now the day is over. It ended well. Now I'm going to bed. Cause I'm tired.
Oh Heather, I think you just read my mind! I LOVE my kids and LOVE being a mom, but I am standing right there with ya on this! To add to your list, I'm also tired of thinking of things to entertain a 2 year old??? Today we watched 2 movies, played the matching card memory game 3 times, did 3 crafts, colored, read ALL 20 of her library books (some twice) snack times, an episode of Caillou and I still had like 5 hours to think of something to entertain her??? You are a fantastic mom, and I know you love it, but I hear ya sister! Let's hope for a better day tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone else feel like we need spring NOW?! I can't wait until we can get out into the sun and fresh air. I'm just grateful right now for sunshine - my dad was telling me the other day about growing up in the Yukon, and having 23 hours of darkness during the winter! Yuck! I totally hear you, Heather. mostly I'm tired of being tired and grumpy. (I took out my photo albums last night for a bit of a cure and had some good laughs with James about memories of the kids when they were younger).
ReplyDelete