Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year

Well, I said I would never do it, and here I am. For the most part, I thought blogging was a little narcissistic and wasn't sure I wanted to be a "blogger" myself, but being inspired by Elder Eyring's words about writing a few words daily, I thought I would try this.

" I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done. " Elder Henry B. Eyring

That is the main purpose of this little project. It just works a little better with my busy lifestyle, so when I have a few minutes each day I hope to post a little reflection. Starting today.

Today was my Chloé's first day of Nursery at church. She was so sweet in her new earrings and pearls from Auntie Ceilidh. I was nervous, but she did so well. Having 2 cousins and an aunt in there with her I'm sure helped a lot. But she was brave and I was so proud of her. This is a poem from a bracelet a friend of mine bought her daughter to start Nursery and I loved it.
You've grown so big, so brave, so strong.
Your first Nursery day is coming along!
This special bracelet is just for you:
I can't believe you'll soon be two.
Be a good girl, and do your best -
Heavenly Father will take care of the rest.
She is growing far too quickly. She is doing all these cute things that I imagined her doing when she was just a tiny baby. Like reaching up to hold my hand, singing and clapping, cuddling with me, playing on her own, eating by herself and recognizing people. She loves her brother and can't get enough of him. I can't wait to sit back and watch their relationship as siblings unfold.

I don't want to give anyone reading this the wrong idea that I will be posting about the absolute joy of motherhood everyday, because it's tough. But the past few days have been great. I love kids so much. Maybe I've been able to enjoy them so much because me awesome husband as been home doing all the sucky stuff I hate doing, so I've been able to just enjoy them. That is another goal of mine in the new year. Enjoying my kids and my husband. Prioritizing this precious time I have at home better. Less time cleaning, more time playing, laughing, teaching, and most importantly, learning from them.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Welcome to the blogging world!


    http://geertslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing a blog! Can't wait to hear about all the fun happenings around your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Heather!!! I can't wait to read your blog and see your cute pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Henry B Eyring quote - one of the ones that inspires me in my writing also. And don't think of it as narcissistic. If you only think about your audience when writing, then what you write will only be superficial. Write for yourself, write for your children (to one day read this journal). Don't be afraid to write anything - those who are reading along with you are friends and are going through much the same things. And have fun! (can't wait to read your thoughts!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the blog lovin'!

    ReplyDelete